Wednesday 25 April 2018

I solicit your support to elevate Osun State to the stage of envy

Being Elder George Adedeji’s Letter of Intent to Serve the People of Osun State as Governor

Dear Esteemed Stakeholders of the State of Osun,

We return all the Glory to God, the Author of life for the peace and tranquility of Osun, which otherwise would not have been possible without God’s mercy. My name is George Tunde Adedeji, popularly known as ELDER. I was born into the family of late Pa Samuel Adebayo Adedeji in Gbongan, Ayedade Local Government some three scores ago.

The zeal and urge to make their children acquire education was why my parents educated me within and outside the shores of Nigeria. I read Food Science & Technology, at the University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU).  I later proceeded to University of Strathclyde, Glasglow, Scotland for my Masters (Food Science and Microbiology).

My desire to be well grounded in the business and economic world made me to pursue a Masters in Business Administration (MBA). My belief in excellence and achievement orientation made me to become a member of various professional associations like; The Institute of Marketing UK, Member of the Nigerian – American Chamber of Commerce, Member, Nigerian – British Chamber of Commerce and Lagos Chamber of Commerce, where I featured prominently as a member of the Small and Medium Business Committee (SBMC).These platforms prepared and sharpened my innate talent to solving problems in diverse ways especially those that are societal in nature.

To fulfill my spiritual calling and the need to be God fearing informed my decision to pursue further knowledge via theological training. This move availed me the opportunity to have practical knowledge about the other religions, an opportunity which made me to flow freely with people of all creeds and believe system irrespective of gender, value system and orientation.

Furthermore, my urge to socialize and discover the needs of people and strategies to resolve issue whether economic, political or social endeared me to various social platforms like Rotary International. I was President, Rotary International District 9110 from 1989 – 1990. Also, Paul Harris Fellow (1990), District Governor’s Group Representative (1990 – 1993).
For a decade and half, I variously acquired managerial and leadership industry experience in two major organizations Viz; FDA (NAFDAC), UNILEVER. 

Corporate Governance Experience

Thereafter, I have played and still playing leadership role in Corporate Governance as chairman in six and Director in five notable entities viz; Executive Chairman, Super Stores Ltd; 1984 – Date; Scaf Ltd 1980 – Date; Tronitek Ltd 1991 – Date; SAE Nigeria Ltd, 1992 – 1998; Director Ayedaade Community Bank 1996 – 2001; Chairman, Askar Paints Nig Ltd. (OoduaGroup of Companies) 1990 – 2001; Chairman Wrought Iron Nigeria (WIN) Ltd (Oodua Group of Companies) 2002 – 2004; Country Director, Omega Renewable Energy and Power Nigeria Ltd (OREP – a subsidiary of Power Group USA) 2000 – Date. I am currently a Director in Skyrun (Cocoa Processing Industry) Ede.
Elder Tunde Adedeji represented the State as a member of the Technical Committee on Regional Integration of Western Nigeria. He also served on the board of Osun State Agricultural Development Corporation. 

Political Associations

My philosophy of life which specifies that “man does not live by bread alone” made me to choose the camp of the progressives. All along the lines of Alliance for Democracy (AD), Action Congress (AC), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and presently All Progressives Congress (APC) where I am one of the leaders in Ayedade Local Government.

My vintage position as chairman, Askar Paints Ltd, Chairman Wrought Iron Nigeria LTD (WIN), two of the subsidiaries of Oodua Investments Group, and presently a Nigerian director, in Skyrun Ltd (Cocoa Processing Industry Ede) gave me the exposure on how to harness our abundant God-given resources and resourcefulness of our people to create value, if given executive power.

My dear stakeholders, I make bold to say that I have been part of successive administration in Osun, though not in executive capacity. Therefore, I give thumbs up to the previous helmsmen particularly, former and incumbent governors of All-Progressive extraction for their immense contributions to the development of our dear State – Alhaji Isiaka Adeleke, Baba AbdulRahmon Adebisi Akande, Prince Olagunsoye  Oyinlola and Gov. Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji  Aregbesola; the man whose developmental stride has clearly demonstrated his professional calling.

My fellow citizens, having garnered experiences in private and governmental agencies, I have decided to bring to bear the flourishing and unending exposure I have acquired over the years to serve my people of the Osun. I feel there is no better time to contribute at a higher pedestal to the development of Osun than 2018.

In view of the foregoing, I have embarked on intensive consultations across the state and the acceptability coefficient has been alarmingly overwhelming and impressive. I have also done extensive research on harnessing the huge resources of our State to increase our capacity, shore up our revenue, fill the huge infrastructural gap including grassroots agricultural potentials and poverty alleviation through massive investment in Agriculture, Agro industry, and Agribusiness as a way of building on the achievements of past and serving administrations in the State. This is in addition to equitable andfair wealth distribution.

My dear good people, if given the mandate to serve you, I intend to lead an all-inclusive government, bridge the gap between the rich and poor; provide developmental initiatives that are sustainable andbeneficial to our people. I will particularly encourage the womenfolk by reserving 40% of appointment for our women.

I am committed to building a state where there will be economic buoyancy, a hub of modern development and a haven of investors and bee-hive of business investments and employment generation activities and above all, a place of peaceful co-habitation and brotherly love. Your hallowed support is very crucial in making this vision a reality.

May I humbly solicit your support very passionately in this vision to elevate our State to the next millennial stage of envy, equity and justice, economic liberation, financial empowerment and above all the fear of God.

Please give me your support that will help us all to steer the ship of Osun State unto the harbour of greatness. 

Below are my contacts for advice, suggestions and support demonstrations.

Email:georgeadedejitunde@yahoo.com;georgeadedejitunde@gmail.com
Elder George Tunde Adedeji
Adedeji House,
Oke Church, Gbongan.
State of Osun

No comments: